Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

...or lay, I never can tell which it's supposed to be.

Anyway, the other day things started to get hairy with the boys fighting and I needed to make a phone call so....I locked them each in their own room to play. After a while I went to check on Rowan and this is how I found him.



He had gotten his puppy out of his crib and laid on the floor to fall asleep. It was so sweet.

I love how this boy will come up and hug my leg with all he's got in him while I'm standing in the kitchen. I love his dimples. I love his sparkling blue eyes. I love that he says "co-kycle" for motorcycle. I love that he is built exactly like his daddy. I love the way he mimics his brother's every move. I love his serious personality. I love his Flintstonian feet. I love how he curls up to fall asleep.

Thank you Lord for this boy that I secretly wished was a girl the first 20 weeks of his existance. Thank you for blessing me so. And thank you for knowing me better than I know myself and giving me just what I needed in this child. Most of all, thank you for loving him even more than I do.

Amen.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

ohhhh... Heidi that is so sweet! It is great that God knows what our needs are better than we do...

Craig and Heather said...

Precious! Not only the picture, but that his mamma loves and is so thankful for him :)

I have noticed Annika gets quite aggressive and difficult when she is tired. And she tends to constantly get into trouble unless I am right. on. top. of her. Even Tobey and Alicia get out of sorts if they haven't had enough rest. They just get overstimilated and don't recognize it for themselves.

But nap- or bed-time usually transforms children back to their former darling personalities.

Craig and Heather said...

Hm. guess I should double check my spelling before posting. :P

The Chad Beck's said...

I love these, so sweet...