Sunday, September 28, 2008

Icky-Sicky

Our sweet baby boy has been fighting off some sort of sickness since Thursday night and is just today able to run around and play a little. It all started like a common cold but progressed to something much uglier. Thursday it was just stuffy nose and a little bit of a raised temperature. Friday was about the same only no appetite. Yesterday I spent my morning making jelly and the rest of the day holding and cuddling a very sick Rowster. He was shaking and fussing and would not let me put him down. He hardly ate a thing all day and at 7:00 p.m. we took his temperature and it topped out at 104.5 degrees. We caved and gave him some children's motrin. We had only been giving him half-doses of Tylenol before that. After about 20 minutes he was feeling much better and we put him to bed shortly after.

Even this morning his temp. was still a little warm but he seems much better now. However, we are choosing to stay home from church just in case we are still incubating those nasty germ buggies.

Being the pessimist that I am, I will be taking bets as to whether or not I come down with this tomorrow after Jay leaves for work and can't help me. (This seems to have been the pattern in the past.) Any takers? =)

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Yuck! I hope you all stay well...

The Chad Beck's said...

oh I'm so sorry, I hope you didn't get it from us! That's what we've been dealing with for weeks, it's awful. I wasn't giving my kids any meds either, then I got it and felt so bad I didn't give them anything for theirs, so then I started giving meds to them for comfort, it sucks and if Adam gets it, please give him meds, it's so awful feeling without it! It took me the longest to get rid of it, but I think it's cause I wasn't sleeping much cause of Chad's problems. :( I'm glad to hear he's on the mend! I'll pray you guys don't get it!!!

Craig and Heather said...

Poor little guy. I hope he feels better quickly.

It is so sad when the little ones get sick and Mommy can't 'fix' it for them :(

Adding a prayer that you stay well!
~Heather