Friday, September 12, 2008

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo

These were taken the second night we were at Chuckwagon. You see, the Bar D isn't just a stage with tables for you to eat at, it's much more. There is a blacksmith shop, leather shop, gift shop, music shop and art gallery. There is also a small chapel which I didn't get a picture of for some reason. They use this mainly for weddings and such.

In addition to all of this, there is a small train that circles the establishment. My boys were very excited about this, especially Rowster. That boy would watch trains all day long. Well, the extra special part of this train is that my father-in-law(a.k.a. Papa Steve) is the engineer. I don't know what causes me to get certain pictures that don't really have any significance but forget the ones that, later we would all appreciate, but I did not get a picture of Papa running the train, or even the train for that matter. Thankfully my mother-in-law sent these ones last summer.




I did however have the momentary spurt of intelligence that told me I would regret not getting a picture of all four of the kiddos riding the train. This was all very exciting for them as Papa let them ring the bell as many times as the wanted and when the ride was over(no pics of this either!) they all got to blow the whistle. It was me who made them all sit still for this picture. That may be the reason not all of them are smiling.



No comments: