Tuesday, January 6, 2009

How You've Grown

Dear Adam,

Today is your fourth birthday. Time has flown over the last few years and I can hardly believe the way you've grown. Yet, at the same time, it seems I've never lived a day without you. You seem to have been with me always.
You are such a big boy now. Just a year ago you weren't even able to go without a diaper throughout the day. Now you don't even need them at night. You eat like a horse and usually put away more food in one meal than I do. Your vocabulary amazes me as it always has. I love it when you say, "I have decided..." or "OKay, these are our choices..." something about it makes me smile inside. Hearing your prayers brings tears to my eyes. And when you walk around saying,"As for me and my house, we serve the Lord!" I can scarcely hold in my overwhelming sensation of gratitude that God would share such a boy with me.
Every day I realize more and more that you are special and that you need special care. Sometimes I feel I need to be even more tender than the day you were born. You are so passionate about certain things and so non-chalant about others. You are a ball of solid energy and my head spins trying to keep up with you.
You are somewhat moody like me and this has been a struggle. Sometimes I am at a complete loss as to what to do with you. However hard it gets, I am so thankful and so blessed to able to stay home with you every day. I wouldn't give that up for anything. Through the ups and downs of our life I realize that it is ALL worth it, every second. Afterall, I get to spend each day with the one who made me that most precious thing called, Mother. That one was you and you will always be special to me.
Always remember that I love you. If there ever comes a day when I am unable to tell you, remember most of that God loves you.

Happy Birthday to My Big Boy!

I love you always and forever,

Love,
Mommy












5 comments:

Karina said...

Awwww, you are so sweet.

He sounds like such a great little man.

You are such a good mama.

Happy Birthday Adam!

Terah said...

Did anyone miss what a chunker he was at birth?! Holy cow!

Aunt Terah loves you, Adam!
Happy Birthday!

The Chad Beck's said...

hehe! I was just going to say, "where's the newborn pics." :)
Happy Birthday big boy!
We love you!
One of many things I'll never forget about you is when we get to your house how you're always so welcoming and happy to have guests! It will probably be double the excitement on Saturday!

SLANCE said...

4 physically, but well beyond his years! = )

Crystal said...

They grow way too fast! That pic of you and him at the hospital really resembles Tessa!

Happy Birthday Adam!