Sunday, June 1, 2008

Wedding Day Blues...or Greens

It was a beautiful spring day in April. It was sunny and somewhat warm. Everything was going perfectly. It was my wedding day.

There really could not have been a better day for a wedding that time of year. There was nothing that could have dampered my spirits. I was going to marry the man of my dreams. I was getting married in my church, the same church that my parents had been married in almost 25 years before, only I was doing it without the orange and green carpet. All my friends and family were there. My dress was beautiful and fit perfectly. My makeup had been applied by myself and I was actually happy with how it looked. My shoes didn't fit but that was okay because I had secretly always wanted to get married bare foot. Yep it was pretty much perfect in every way.

Now I was getting a little nervous because they had just told me that it was time to go upstairs and walk down the aisle. I took a deep breath and decided to look in the mirror one last time. Yes, the dress, the veil, the makeup all looked perfect. But there was something amiss. My hair...it looked strange to me all of a sudden. I looked closer. No, it couldn't be, could it? I moved my bangs aside and.... Nooooo!
There it was, a big, ugly, green and yellow dandelion plant sprouting out of the left side of my forehead right at the base of my hairline. I pulled frantically at the nasty weed and much to my horror, it popped off leaving a big hole filled only by the root. This was going to be the worst day of my life...







Okay, this was exactly the dream I had last night. I am not kidding! It was horrible. I decided I would share this with you guys so that you would understand the extent of which I hate dandelions. I am now having nightmares about them! I do think it's time for some weed killer, don't you?

6 comments:

Terah said...

hmmmm...my wedding nightmare is still more horrid.

If ever I can recall that day without lament (to be mournful, sad, melancholic, plaintive) and regret I'll be amazed...
I would've done everything differently...

except the groom...

Shaggy said...

You have some serious issues with dandi-lions - I think they are just Dandy! J/K

SLANCE said...

that's funny...i thought you were talking about popping a zit! "momma had a baby and it's head popped off" all over the mirror = )

Crystal said...

Ok.. time for Jay to get busy! Ava calls them dandy-flowers!

The Chad Beck's said...

to funny Heidi! yeah, get your butt to the store and get something for those things! That dream is much better then the one about you getting rid of the lady you killed! ha!!! funny...

Shaggy said...

You look really young in that wedding pic - hard to believe life is going by so fast. Tessa was only 4 when I started dating Terah!!!