Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Miracle

So I had my first appointment for the baby today and it went well. The nurse just asked me all of my family history and how the pregnancy was going so far and then drew some blood. I do fine with that as long as I don't watch.

The most exciting part was I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. The count was in the 170's. This is always so much fun the first time because it actually starts to feel real. It helps me to realize what a miracle a baby actually is. Only 9 weeks in the making and it has a beating heart! Wow. Our God is an awesome God.

On a more sour note, I also had to weigh. Is it a bad sign that this is the most dreadful part to me? Of course I weighed even more than I was expecting. Now I'm on this down-in-the-dumps-wanna-quit-eating-sugar-but-can't kick. You know, when it's very apparrent what your supposed to do but your too discouraged to actually do it.My biggest problem is I'm starving ALL the time! It's like, "Well, golly-gee-willikers. I'm already too overweight so I might as well enjoy it for the next 7 months and just pig out!"

Plus it's really hard to get out and walk when it's dark when Jay leaves and when he gets home and raining every minute in between. Not very motivating when you think of dragging two water-logged and freezing kiddos up and down the road in a wagon. I do however have Slim-in-Six videos that I actually enjoy when I buckle down and do it. So I'm enlisting you guys to hold me accountable. I am going to get up early and do this five days a week and if I happen to sleep in, I'm doing it at nap. You guys gotta check up on me every so often and make sure I'm sticking to it. I am determined not to look like the GoodYear Blimp when I have this baby!

4 comments:

Craig and Heather said...

Yes, God is good and His handiwork is amazing :)

Boy, do I understand those weight sentiments. If you can stomach it, eating a bit more protein is supposed to help with sugar cravings.

Unfortunately for me, I couldn't seem to digest it well, so can't tell you if it works for sure.

Exercise is good! Even walking.

Funny how hard we can be on ourselves--you don't look overweight to me in any of the photos here...

The Chad Beck's said...

Heather~
This girlie here who is talking about her weight is so beautiful, but she doesn't see it, but we do. If people didn't know better, they'd think she was a five hundred pound person normally, but when she's pregnant she's like nine hundred pounder the way she talks about herself. :) She's always thinking, talking, and most the time doing something about it. The reason why you can't tell in the pictures is cause she's not the way she says. She's a bigger boned person and has gained some weight, but really, most people wouldn't even notice if SHE wouldn't POINT IT OUT! ;)

Heidi-
I don't know how many times I have to tell ya, your beautiful! You know the stick people running around?? Well most of them aren't even close to as beautiful as you. Like you told the lady we once worked with, "Well, I'm fat and I can lose my weight, but you're ugly and you can't do anything about that!" HA! That was so funny, she never told you you were fat after that! Anyways, I'm saying all this to try to lift you up and cause it's true. You need to enjoy this pregnancy. You can watch what you eat, workout, walk, all that good stuff, but remember to try to enjoy it as much as you can. ;)

A miracle indeed!

Heidi said...

Yes, you are right. I focus waaaaay too much on the way I look.
And honestly, now that I'm not so nauseous all day, I am starting to enjoy it! I am excited about wearing maternity clothes as my regular ones are starting to look a little odd. All the pants are tight and the shirts seem short all of a sudden. =)

Thank you for saying those nice things. I promise I wasn't fishing for a compliment but I'll take it!

Terah said...

Why do I always get the dud nurses who refuse to listen for heartbeats or measure me wrong or don't let me get ultrasounds until 21 weeks! Ugh! I have yet to hear our June-Bug's heartbeat!

Yes. I think we all know why Adam associates "scrawny" with "mean"
(;