Thursday, August 28, 2008

Packing

I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...

It is now only two days until we leave for Colorado. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! The next two days will be spent cleaning the house(nothing says the good times are over like coming home to a pig-sty) and packing our bags. This may not sound like something that should take two entire days but have you met my boys? It's a guarantee that for every one thing I clean they make a mess of at least three more. Plus the packing thing is quite the task when you want to bring about three suitcases apiece just full of things for them to do so they don't get bored(a.k.a. cranky) but you're flying so you have to consolidate everything for a week into one bag. This takes some time and very smart planning. Well, those are the reasons that I am dedicating two entire days to those particular tasks. Plus there are lawns to be mowed and weeds to be whacked and sheds to start building and fruit to pick and jelly to make and on and on it goes. Of course the fruit and jelly will have to wait until we get back because I am just not that efficient. I may be picking and freezing before I go though. The prunes are lookin' pretty ripe.

Anyhow, our vacation starts at about 3:00 in the morning on Saturday as our plane flies out at around 6 am and it takes over an hour to get there and all the fun of parking the car and checking the luggage and handing over our mass-destructive weapons and so on and so forth. You know, I may not sleep at all tomorrow night. There's going to be a lot to get done before 6 am on Saturday. Oh well, as an old friend once told me, "Sleep is for people with nuthin' to do."

I will probably not be bloggin' for the next two weeks or so but I plan on having much to post upon our return. We will miss you all and I look forward to telling you about our trip.


By the way, have I ever mentioned by mind-numbing, head-spinning, body shaking fear of heights? Please pray for me during our flight. It is not something that I'm fond of.

Bye Bye!

4 comments:

The Chad Beck's said...

oh I didn't know you guys were going to fly down there, have tons of fun, I know you will, you guys always do!!! Luvs!

Crystal said...

Flying is good.... we just got back... I couldn't have handled driving!

5 1/2 hours... Ryan broke out the lap top on the last 1.5 hr leg home... boy did that save Ava... movie time!

Lovely airline people.. I called in advance so i could "plan" luggage... I am sure you know.. well we had 4 paying tickets...from what I could gather only one checked luggage. and the standard carryons, but who wants to carry on when there are kids to contend with?

Well they told me our carseats 2/stroller counted as checked bags.... that left one to pack our whole fam in! Yeah right... so we were going to have to carry on... YUCK. I got to the airport.. and Delta checks all baby items free! If they could have only told me that earlier.. do they realize the stress it caused my husband!?

Fortunately relief outweighed madness....

Have fun!

Crystal said...

ohhhhhhhh.. and a clean house is soooo worth the stress of getting it done!

I came home last year.. and it should have been a disaster(Ryan had been here by himself). He had prepared me for the mess, but Connie was an angel, saw the mess and did EVERYTHING! Cleaned the dishes and mopped floors.

Anywho, I pushed myself to get it done this time.. and it was just as good...my efforts were not in vain!

Karina said...

Heya! Way cool to hear from you! We were just wondering about how you guys were doing a few weeks ago- we werent sure if you still lived in ID or not, or how many kids you guys had. Your boys look very cute (and cheeky too!) and it sounds like they are keeping you busy. I empathise! Have fun on your trip to Colorado...I have always wanted to go there. We are headed back Idaho way this Sep-Oct for 5 weeks or so, I've got this whole kids-on-the-airplane/house cleaning drama coming up soon...thanks for reminding me :). Hope you have a great time and hope to hear from you much more now that we're blogging. (Can you tell Im all new and pro-blog at the moment?). :)