Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Moment To Remember

I have to say that although motherhood has it's ups and downs, for the most part it is the most rewarding thing in my life. There are moments(such as exhibit A in my last post) when I could just throw my hands in the air and give up. Then there are moments when I am overwhelmed with the amazing gift that God has given me in those two precious boys. Moments like when they laugh and giggle while playing together, or come and squeeze my leg with an accompanyment of the word "hi", or say things like "Mamma you my best friend", or when they run to greet you with a big smile and their arms thrown in the air after you have been gone for a time. All of these things make you feel as though you are the world to them. Sometimes it is sad knowing that they will never love you as you love them but it's still worth it. But out of all of these things I must say that there is one that surpasses them all. I would say that the moment most worthy of remembering is the moment that I sat out in the living room folding laundry and could hear my husband teaching my son Scripture. To hear my little boy repeat back a verse to his daddy and sound so excited about it, was indescribable. I know that there may come a time in his life when he questions all he has ever been taught but it is my prayer that the verses and the moments that he spent with his daddy learning them will prey upon his heart and bring him to a place of peace and understanding. I pray that God will root His Word so deeply in his heart at this tender age, that he will be strong in faith as a man. What more could a mommy want than "to know that my children walk in truth."