Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Exhibit B

You may be wondering about this title but if you've been keeping up you'll see that I mentioned Exhibit A(which is the chalk incident) in my last post. Exhibits of what? Well, exhibits of why moms all over the world want to throw in the towel of course.

Okay, down to the nitty-gritty.

*Note: Those who are squeemish, especially you of the male type, may not wish to continue further due to the graphic nature of this post.

This(cue Jaws or shrill psycho music):






...is what was awaiting me this afternoon. What? Let me explain. You see, my boy swallowed a penny yesterday and now we have to find it. You may have guessed by now just what the bucket is for.
We called the nurse line and they said that if it has not passed in 3 days time that we should take him in. I get to be the lucky individual who "searches" his, um, "leftovers" until it either appears or three days are up.
The above pictures are the tools I am using to complete my task. This of course includes rubber gloves(not pictured). I must admit that I am not exactly pleased with this new endeavor which as been thrust upon me. Might I add that I am slightly miffed at Solomon for not mentioning that in "A Time For Everything" in Ecclesiastes there is also a time for rooting around in human feces. Excuse my French. Oh and let's not forget my darling husband who gave him the penny in the first place.

So anyway, I have examined one batch today and much to my dismay, the search continues.
By the way, this is the look a kid gets when his mom humilates him by taking a picture of him while gathering evidence.



For those of you who believe this post to be inappropriate, I will defend myself by saying that after digging through a load of "leftovers" to no avail, I had to allow myself some enjoyment in my current circumstance!

8 comments:

Terah said...

And I got to enjoy it all first hand! I could here to gagging from the other room...):

Adam, you are never going to be able to repay your Mama for all the things you've already put her through...not to mention those still to come!

Lyle had better stop leaving his change where the kids can get to it cause if this happens to me you better believe he's getting a "doggy bag" to go through as soon as he walks through that door!

SLANCE said...

that is hilarious!!! = )

Shaggy said...

So does this mean you take back everything you said between exhibit A and B? :)

Heidi said...

No, it is actually THAT amazing to hear your kid quote Scripture!

Britani said...

I thought the your idea of the collection station is great!! My poor mom has had to do this before as well, but it was a metal spacer the dentist popped of my tooth & dropped in my throat!! I was more like 8 though :(!!! You will one day look back and laugh as I am right now imagining this whole situation :)!!!!

The Chad Beck's said...

oh man Heidi! I've seen this on AFHV, but you know those medal detectors?? Anyways, he took a video each day of where it would beep, each day it was lower. By the last video, there was no longer any beeps!

Heidi said...

I wish I had thought of the metal detector! I must update you and say that we are no longer penniless. I found it last night about 5 minutes before Jay got home. Argh! How I was still concious I'll never know. I swear that was the worst load ever. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I had to inspect it. =)

Megan said...

Oh MY Heidi!!!! First, let me say that I'm terribly sorry that you have to do this.....BUT I'm laughing hysterically!!!! (Only because it's not me digging through the "leftovers".) That is horrible, but probably the funniest thing I've heard all day. :)