Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Blessings

Today I am grateful for the blessing of a little beating heart.
Heard for the first time by human ears. But heard since the beginning by our God.
For the blessing of a tiny bit of peace & an overwhelming sense of love.

Today I am grateful for the blessing of two sons.
Boys full of energy & life & laughter.
Full of curiosity.
For boys who say things like,"Mommy, I don't want my grandma crackers(grahm crackers) right now."
Or
"We're supposed to like God the most."
And
"Rowan thinks we're having a boy but I think we're having a girl. And I know one of us is right and it's ME!"

Today I am grateful for the blessing of a daughter.
A girly-girl who has to kiss & hug every family member before bed.
For a girl whose pants must entirely cover her shoelaces.
For the ball of energy who insists on bringing her entire kitchen collection to the coffee
table every.single.day.

Today I am grateful for the blessing of a God-fearing husband.
For the voice singing in the background & the helping hand whenever I am overwhelmed & exhausted.
For the opinions that drive me crazy but are usually right or at the very least sensible.
For the warm fire built by work-roughened hands.
For my partner in crime, and in life, and in rearing these lunatic kids.

Today I am grateful for the blessing of Truth revealed.
Revealed to me by a merciful Father, a loving Son, & a convicting Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

Dana Allard said...

Don't you love those days when you forget all the crazy and can really focus on the goodness in life?
Sweet post.