Monday, October 17, 2011

9 weeks

As of Saturday I am 9 weeks into my pregnancy. The nausea seems to only hit at night time now and my fatigue seems to be lifting the last few days. I have more energy which is really nice. I've been needing it.
And the good news is, Jay won't be starting work until 8:00 most mornings now so I will be able to walk before he leaves once again. It hadn't been getting light out early enough for me to do this anymore. The bad news is, Jay isn't starting work until 8:00 on most mornings now so he will be getting home even later in the evening. Bummer. I guess it's getting to be that time of year anyway.

Back to baby.
Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.


Hoping that doesn't mean I'm poised for rapid weight gain!=)

Still haven't been to the doctor but I am calling today. I know they will want me to take a pregnancy test before they set up an appointment but I like to call and give them a heads up and find out the best time to come in for the test. Not really looking forward to the whole routine but it will be exciting to hear baby's heartbeat(should be far enough along for that).

My other blessings are all sick. Just some nasty colds but they are, well, nasty. Snotty, coughing, grouchy, & overall ickiness. Poor kiddos.

Got some pears canned yesterday. Unfortunately I waited too long and ended up with only 6 quarts of bartletts. But we do have a ton of another kind that will be ready to can this week and although they aren't as good for just eating, they are good for canning. I think I'll get between 12 & 20 quarts of those. Not too bad.

We are also going to get cider pressed in the next couple of weekends. So if you've got any gallon jugs for us and feel inspired to come help pick, you might wind up with a few gallons of cider. Jay says we have a ton of apples and will end up with well over 50 gallons(honestly, I think he said like around 100, but I'm skeptical). Our first year we only had 27. The next year, they froze too early. And last year we didn't get apples at all. This year they are plentiful albeit, late. Too bad cider makes me horribly sick with awful stomach pains.
Still can't get this laptop to recognize my camera so I've gotta figure out how to get my pictures on here. I won't give up. Jay will have time to help me someday.
 
I'd better go make lunch. School is already out of the way for the day. WooHooo!

1 comment:

The Chad Beck's said...

Good news for ya, they just go by what you say and they don't make you do a pregnacy test in the office anymore!So it's easy, just call and set up your "real" dr apt! I'm thinking your pregnancy is going to go fast, Terah's is going fast, Serina's is going pokey slow to me, it seems she's been prego FOREVER! lol! I think it's cause she told everyone about the same day it happened. ;) I'm going to feel bad for her if Terah ends up having hers before her, which just may happen.
Anyways, sorry about the colds, no fun at all, I'm waiting, any day now I'm sure we'll start getting one. :(