Monday, June 1, 2009

Updating

A while back I posted "The Guessing Game" where all of you guessed the details of this little gal's birth. Well, due to the fact that they do not have high speed internet, my mom and baby sister are non-bloggers but they wanted to guess too. SO I am entering their guesses here.

Mom(a.k.a. Grami):

Date: June 11th
Weight: 8 lbs. 13 oz.
Length: 21 in.
Time: 10:23 p.m.
Stitches: 29


Aunt Tessie:

Date: June 12th
Weight: 8 lbs. 11 oz.
Length: 20.5 in.
Time: 1:37 a.m.
Stitches: 28


There it is. It's recorded. No backing out or changing your minds now people. Now it a waiting game.

I also wanted to ask for prayer. My blood platelettes(the little things that help your blood to clot) are a little on the low side. They aren't in the danger zone yet and normally this would not be a problem as long as they stayed steady. Well, they are dropping. Not rapidly but they want to check them every time I go in from here on out. If they get too low, I will not be able to have an epidural or any of those glorious drugs. Now, I'm not a tough girl and the thought of having any baby, let alone a big one, without an epidural is very frightening to me. Plus the whole bleeding thing. I am asking you to pray that they will not drop any more and that the birth will go smoothly. Please pray that I will trust in the Lord and not be afraid whatever comes.

2 comments:

The Chad Beck's said...

I will pray for that!
Can't wait to meet her! Any day now!!!

Karina said...

Praying for you!!!

Your last sentence reminded me of my labour experience with Amber. I know this sounds kinda crazy & weird, but when I was in labour with her (and just wanted to give up I was so devastated) I heard a "voice" boom through my entire body saying 'Do not be afraid! I am the Lord your God! I will give you strength and I will deliver you!'. It wasnt something I heard with my ears, but more something that radiated through me. Difficult to describe, and I realise to some people it might sound unbelievable or hallucigenic etc...but it was real. God WILL give you all the strength you need whatever comes :) He never leaves us nor forsakes us.

You better get ready...June 6th (my guess) is coming up! hahaha :)