Saturday, June 27, 2009

Praise

I have so much to be thankful for! My cup runneth over.

First I have a beautiful daughter who is now 10 days old. She is healthy and sweet and she went to sleep by herself at nap this morning. Yay! At her appointment yesterday she weighed in at 10 lbs and half an ounce. So she is gaining her weight back and this comforts me. The boys both dropped a lot of weight and gained very slowly until I started bottle feeding them at around 9 months.

Second, my husband is the most amazing in all the world. He took two whole weeks off when I thought he was only taking one. He has been waiting on me hand and foot. At night, when Avril has a hard time going back to sleep, he takes over until her next feeding. If he goes somewhere he not only takes one, but both of the boys with him. And he's been cheerful almost the entire time no matter how little sleep he gets. I feel unworthy that God would share such a man with me.

Third, the boys have adjusted to their sister quite well. I am in awe over how Adam seems to know already that it's his job to protect her. And I am equally astounded that Rowan understands almost by intinct that he is to be very gentle with her.(of course he does drive his cars on her head, but he's not rough about it.)

Fourth, I feel better than I felt after having either of the boys. I even seem to have gotten over the baby blues rather quickly.

Fifth, we sold our truck yesterday. Woo-hooo! We didn't even have to go below what our minimum would have been. Praise God!

And sixth, we got our SUV fixed yesterday as well. Now we have a vehicle that will cart the whole family and no payments!

There are many other things to be grateful for but these are the ones that are truly on my heart. God has been so good to us. It is my prayer that we will be sincerely grateful for all that He has done and that we will know in our hearts that it all belongs to Him who loves us.

1 comment:

The Chad Beck's said...

Glad to hear everything is going so well!!!

love ya!