Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ten

1) Still pregnant. I know I'm only a day over due but it feels much longer. And I was kinda holding out hope that all three of my kiddos would be born on their due date.

2) I don't see my new niece often enough. She's so cute and I'm running out of time to get all my cuddles in before my own little one arrives.

3) Number two is wishful thinking. I only hope I am quickly running out of time.

4) We are planning a vacation at the end of September. We are not sure where we are going, only that we are definitely going somewhere.

5) I am being freakishly emotional the last couple of days. I cry at the drop of a hat. I thought this was supposed to happen after the baby comes.

6) I have been dreaming about making felt books for my kids. I saw some online at the beginning of the year and have been wanting to make them for Christmas presents. They are really cute and the last couple of nights I've had dreams that I made them.

7) Tonight is our women's ministry meeting. I am excited about going. It is always a blast and maybe it will help me not to focus on myself.

8) Boys fight. Well, my boys have it down to an art. They are constantly screaming at each other, biting, hitting, and taking toys. I'm ready to pull my hair out. Any suggestions on how to teach them to get along?

9) They want to induce me on Monday if I have not had my baby. This excites and scares me. Please pray that she comes before then. And before they start shutting down the bridge from 5am to 5pm.

10) I feel I must apologize for all of my complaining and grumpiness lately. I am quite prone to that. I have been in prayer over it for the last week and I do feel God is helping me to conquer the urge. Slowly.

6 comments:

Karina said...

Awww poor Heidi!

1- Anyyyy time now.
2&3- See above.
4- Yay! I love going somewhere :). You know what I always wanted to do over there? I wanted to rent a holiday cabin or something right on the lake out at Hope amidst all the deer and wonderful sunsets. Not very far from where you are, but so pretty. Im slightly obsessed with Hope.
5- Maybe its a good thing. A surge of hormones so that your post baby release will be less extreme? Hrmm. I feel quite emotional the entire pregnancy usually.
6- they sound interesting. You'll have to show us all how to do it.
7- Sounds like fun.
8- (Call Jeannie!) What is the root of their fighting? We're working through 'boundaries with kids' right now...an okay read that deals with a few of these kidns of things.
9- You are in our prayers!
10- I havent seen any of this reflected in bloggerland, but just keep holding onto Him with thankfulness.

11- Keep checking the mail.
12- These are kinda silly but may cheer you up...
A woman went to the doctor's office. She was seen by one of the new doctors, but after about four minutes in the examination room, she burst out, screaming as she ran down the hall. An older doctor stopped and asked her what the problem was, and she explained. He had her sit down and relax in another room.
The older doctor marched back to the first and demanded, "What's the matter with you? Mrs. Terry is 63 years old, she has four grown children and seven grandchildren, and you told her she was PREGNANT?"
The new doctor smiled smugly as he continued to write on his clipboard.
"Cured her hiccups though, didn't it?"
- - - - -
(this one reminds me of Lyle, not really, but kinda! haha)
The room was full of pregnant women and their partners, and the Lamaze class was in full swing. The instructor was teaching the women how to breathe properly, along with informing the men how to give the necessary assurances at this stage of the plan. The teacher then announced, "Ladies, exercise is good for you. Walking is especially beneficial. And, gentlemen, it wouldn't hurt you to take the time to go walking with your partner!" The room really got quiet. Finally, a man in the middle of the group raised his hand. "Yes?" replied the teacher. "Is it alright if she carries a golf bag while we walk?"
- - - - -
A lady from a foreign country who could not understand much English wasn't feeling well and went to see her doctor. After examining her he said, "You are pregnant. Please understand that you have an insufficient passage and if you have a baby it will be a miracle."

The lady rushed home crying and told her husband, "The doctor says I'm pregnant and I have a fish in the passage and if I have a baby it will be a mackerel!"
- - - - -
Ahhh, Im a sucker for bad jokes.

Heidi said...

Hee hee hee!

Those are too funny! And, yes, that one is much like Lyle.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I feel much better. The meeting was great and just the message I needed to hear.

Now I'm all excited about receiving a package! I'll let you know when it arrives. And thank you in advance. It's very sweet of you.

SLANCE said...

saturday is a good day to be born! = )

Shaggy said...

Not if you want me at the golf tournament Lance. :)

Shaggy said...

Yes, I would love it if Terah walked the courses with me, I would carry my own bag even.

Terah said...

Gentlemen.
Only.
Ladies.
Forbidden.

You'll never find me invading man-land...

That is soooooo Lyle!