Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow Globe


Today is one of those days that I love. A cozy fire in my living room stove, stuff baking in the kitchen, presents to wrap, and snow tumbling endlessly out of the sky. I can remember when I was a little girl and I would see one of those snow globes I would wish that I could somehow climb inside that tiny world. Today I feel like I'm the one in the snow globe. Instead of looking into the glass I'm looking out at the beautiful winter world around me.

Keeping in mind of course, that in about a month I'm gonna want to smash the pretty little snow globe to smithereens on the concrete of my sidewalk.

Anyhow, we had a party for Rowan on Saturday. It was fun but the poor guy had a hard time putting down one gift to open another. As I was busy helping open gifts Chad took over our camera. Thanks Chad!
The gifts.







The observers.







The cake.

It's a porcupine in case you're wondering.

4 comments:

Terah said...

The cake turned out so great!

I just love these li'l birthday parties!

Crystal said...

The cake is adorable!

Craig and Heather said...

Wow, they grow up SO quickly. And your little guy is adorable!

Did you make the cake? It's very creative :)

LOL! the Babystrology baby is doing somersaults.

Have you been feeling much activity yet?

Heather

Heidi said...

Yes, I made the cake. It didn't turn out quite like I pictured but Rowan liked it.

I started feeling the baby move around the beginning of December but then I didn't feel much for a couple of weeks. The last few days I've felt some definite movement. Little kicks and jabs. It's comforting to feel it moving.