Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookies

Last Wednesday we all ventured over to Terah's house to make Christmas cookies. This was an annual tradition when we were growing up and my mom really wanted to continue it with her grandchildren. This is the first year that the kids have been big enough. It was quite fun. The only downfall was my boys dumping whole containers of sprinkles on the table. Unfortunately I was too busy trying to salvage them that I didn't get any pictures. Then my camera batteries died so I din't get many anyway. Here are the ones I did end up with.







As most children, Adam was more interested in eating his creations than making them.




Gwyneth was our die-hard. She is quite the artist.







Some of the final product. Rowan's are the half eaten ones. Speaking of Rowan....


...After a short while(when I told him to stop eating cookies) he'd had enough and disappeared upstairs to play with his cousins' beloved train set.

I'm very excited to say my boys are getting one for Christmas!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like you got some good ones to me!

Glad you had a great time... I do love the holiday traditions... those are the things I remember most from when I was a child.

Craig and Heather said...

LOL! I love the picture of the cookies. Before I saw your caption, I was thinking.."The finished cookies and I wonder who's are the half-eaten one's?" And Gwyn looks as though she is all business!

It looks as though you all had a good time :)

I just hauled home a bunch of baking stuff so we could devote some time to being creative together. Seeing your photos makes me want to dive in right away.

H

Karina said...

Thats so cool! I had never even had a sugar cookie till I went to America! Looks like you've got some good cookie decorators, and how smart of Adam to go and get some exercise after eating sweets! I gotta do that more often....

Terah said...

This was so much fun, and not nearly as crazy as I thought it would be with 5 kids ages 4 and under! (:

Heidi's boys were unstoppable with those sprinkles! Taiter kept eating them by the handful and dumping them all into the frosting and Roaster dumped entire bottles out onto the table/floor. (Heids was a sweetie and mopped my floors before they left!)

Gwyneth just loved it! She really is an artist!

Jude put a m&m...er..."chest" on his snowman...hmmmm.
Made me laugh so hard, though.

And Camden just sat quietly working away. He's so clean compared to the others!

Can't wait to do it again next year!

Shea said...

SO jealous!!! I want to be their too! :) Fun fun fun! Tks Heidi for the comment...I agree too that it is really about the years ahead rather than just the wedding. It does keep getting better. Oh, I'm so glad to see Terah in some of these too. I know we get busy taking pictures and we don't make it in them. BTW, I hope you feel better!