Monday, July 28, 2008

Whatta Weekend

Whew! Usually Mondays seem to be the hectic day of the week but today it's actually quite the opposite. Our weekend was jam-packed and it doesn't look like the next few are going to be any better. This Saturday we went to CDA and bought an air conditioner. We had to get the portable kind because our windows are the old 70's crank-style and a regular AC won't fit. Now I am anxiously awaiting the set up of this lovely invention. This will open up a whole new world for me. I will be able to cook without my house reaching 90 degrees! Yay!
Next we wandered into the Valley and did a little shopping. And I might add that I got some awesome deals on some new duds for my two little cuties. Oh yes, I also found a pair of boots that I just absolutely love. But of course they cost MORE than everything else I bought combined. Plus they had a two-inch heel and that doesn't really work with a short but very manly husband. So my sad and lonely feet will just have to be content to be clad in flip-flops and vinyl for now.
After that we headed over to Wallace and bought a plow for the 4-wheeler. It was actually quite the steal. They cost something like $400 new and we got it for $130. Look out! Sorry, it's just in my hubby's blood to find amazing deals. Did I mention that the AC is about $400 new as well and we bought it for $170, and it was only used a couple of months? Well, yeah, that too.
Anyway, moving right along. Sunday we went to church and got to see my long-lost cousin from Alaska and his family. Afterward we meandered on home and had a lazy afternoon. In the evening Lyle & Terah came over. While the guys and the three oldest boys went to look at a snowmobile us girls and Rowster played outside and picked cherries from our tree. Then we visited until they all had to go home.
It was a great weekend and it seemed like we got a lot accomplished that we had been wanting to do for quite some time. This next weekend we have a BBQ and a wedding reception to go to. The weekend after is our church volleyball tournament which I will sadly have to miss as I plan on doing my yard sale then. And two weeks after that it's my birthday weekend! And the week after that we leave for Colorado! Woo-hoo! But more on that later.

The other exciting thing that happened was I received a package on Saturday and in it was this:



Wanna see it again?






Now, I was very excited over this. Because this:

...is my boys' new bedding. We are going to put it on the beds today and Taiter is so excited he can hardly contain himself. I have been procrastinating because it's also served as a very useful bribe for good behavior!


Huh-hmm! I almost forgot, Jay bought the snowmobile!

3 comments:

The Chad Beck's said...

wow you guys sure had a spending spree! So now that Jay has that snowmobile, do you get that dinning set?? :) The bedding looks cute! It fits you guys perfectly. Also, I'm glad I have an out for the volleyball day, cause I'm going to be at the yard sale also!

Terah said...

Camden thanked me for a solid month when I bought his new quilt last year! It's so easy to make 'em happy. I need to remember to do the little things for them more often...

Crystal said...

Very cute Heidi!