Thursday, July 3, 2008

Obie-one-kanobie

After getting married I aquired 5 brothers-in-law in addition to the one I already had making it a grand total of 6! I never had an older brother growing up and now, since they are all older than me, I am over loaded. Thankfully only two of them live around here. Well, thankfully and sadly as I wish they and their dear sweet wives were all close by. Anyway, out of the two that are here I really only feel like I know one of them very well. That's Lyle, my sister's husband. Then there is of course Matt, my husband's brother, in Colorado. These are the two that feel more like real brothers rather than brothers-in-law. I can joke, laugh, insult, cry, have fun, and be myself around these two just as well as I can anyone. They love the Lord and are amazing husbands and fathers. I admire them and love them dearly. However, they could never take the place in my heart that is reserved for one special guy. That is my real-life blood-brother, Beaux.

As you may have realized, he is not only my younger brother but my only actual brother. He was born just before I turned five. I pretty much can't remember life without him. I spent the first ten years of his life tormenting him and he's spent the last ten years of his life tormenting me! What goes around comes around, right?

You may be wondering about the title of this post, so let me explain.
Growing up my brother got a lot of flack because of his name. Kids would taunt and say, "Hey Beaux, B-O, get it?" They were retarded and didn't know how to spell his name which means "handsome" by the way. I might add that this was all in fun, my brother never really got offended. Well, for some reason I decided to reverse this and call him O-B which became Obie and due to Star Wars, Obie-one-kanobie. Although I usually just stick to Obie, and still call him that to this day.

My brother has got to be one of the funniest guys alive. At family functions, we all laugh until tears roll down our faces at his jokes and antics. He is quick with comebacks. I don't think I have ever met anyone as good at it as he is.

I often feel sorry for my little bro when I think of him growing up with three sisters but then I see that he is for the most part very respectful of women and I don't feel so bad. Even he says, "I have to be nice because if I'm not my mom and sisters will kill me." And it's true too! I really think we'd gang up and slap the tar outta him.

Anyway, no one will ever have the place that my brother has. He is truly one of a kind and I am proud to call him brother.(Or you know, Obie)








Today is his 21st birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUX/OBIE! We love you!

2 comments:

The Chad Beck's said...

awww... I know how you feel, I love my brother dearly, without him this world would be simply BORING! If you read this, Happy Birthday Beaux! One of my biggest memories of him when we were all little was he'd always play with my hair cause he loved it so much!

Terah said...

Happy Birthday!

For the record, I'm the nice sister.

And, yes, I think my brother is the funniest person I know. He's the only one that can get me to laugh until I'm crying, and almost every time I see him, too!

Love ya!