Monday, December 2, 2013

Waste Not; Want Not.

Whilst decorating for Christmas, I began to notice a common theme in my home.

* I have a lot of stuff I don't like & I have a lot of stuff I don't use.

So, in an effort to purge our home rather than our bank account, I have decided that it is time I repurpose, repair, or regift many of my belongings. I have a lot of craft supplies that I rarely use these days & those should come in quite handy. The plan is to make as much of the stuff I have into something I truly enjoy. The rest will have to find a home elsewhere. Of course, there are always sentimental items that aren't particularly your favorite, but you can't bear to part with them. I also plan to find a way to put those items to use if possible.

Another thing I've noticed is that I need to find a way to display photos of our family. The living room is sort of an 'awkward' space and it is difficult to display them there. Our hallway could be a really nice place to display them but I'm not sure if I can commit to decorating my hallway. I like the blank/clean feel of it the way it is. I know, I'm boring.

No comments: