Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Best Day...

Thirteen years today.

That is how long ago I met my husband.

We don't really celebrate the anniversary of the day we first met.
At the time it didn't really seem that significant.
But thirteen years later we know.
We know it was the start of a dramatic change in our lives.
I think often of the fact that I wanted to stay home that night.
And it's true that we probably would have met eventually.
But what if we hadn't?

I would not have known how being loved by him would change me.
I would not have met his family.
His brother's wife would not be one of my best friends. I would have never even met her.
I most likely wouldn't have traveled so many places.
I may have married another or never married at all.
There are at least 4 people who would never have existed. And at least one less in Heaven.
If I had married I would most likely be divorced. Let's face it, who else would put up with me?*wink*

Life would have been very different if I had not met him that night 13 years ago.

So I will celebrate in my heart. I will thank the Lord above. I will praise him for that night every day.

Because you can only meet the most wonderful man on Earth once in a lifetime.

No comments: