Friday, December 20, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

These are the things that I'm "crushing on", if you will.

1. Vitamix
 
 Vitamix Creations II 48 oz. 12-in-1 Variable Speed Blender - Black
Oh the things I could blend...
These are so expensive but I must admit that I would truly love to have one. My blender is on the fritz & from what I've seen & heard, these are the best.
 
2. Lindor Truffles
 
Lindt Lindor Truffles, Milk Chocolate - 1.3 oz
 
Who doesn't love these? Jay usually gets me the tiny little bag that contains 3 of these beauties every year for my stocking. There are so many flavors that I haven't even tried them all. So far I have to say my favorite is probably the dark chocolate.
 
3. Le Creuset Spatulas
 
 
These are awesome. I only have the small one on the far left but I would be thrilled to find my stocking filled with the rest of these. Maybe even double of some sizes. They are pretty spendy as far as spatulas go but the one I have is the best spatula I have ever owned.
 
4. This Bedding from West Elm.
 
 
I love the slate grey color. Put together with some white crocheted pillows and a white throw it would be just the look I want for our bedroom. There is similar bedding on Amazon for about half the price.
 
5. Faux Fur Stockings
 
 
I just got these yesterday! I have to say, I totally dig them. They are bigger than I pictured and better quality. Each one is lined with the softest material. I didn't have them personalized because I thought  a glittered monogram hanging with each one would be more my style. I hung them up the second they came and I can't wait to fill them. (Not sure what they cost now but I got them on clearance.)
 
6. Hand Warmers
 
These are a favorite of all 4 of my kiddos. They swiped some from the UPS fill-a-truck drive and  played with them all day. Then Jay's mom sent this pack to split between the boys for their birthdays. It's a great stocking stuffer for just about anyone. I wouldn't mind having some myself. Throw in some of the boot warmers and I'd be one happy girl this winter.
 
7. Snow boots
 
Children's Timberland Blizzard Bliss Waterproof Snow Boot
 
There are so many options out there but I think these are cute as far as snow boots go. I honestly would enjoy anything that was comfortable & kept my feet dry. I haven't owned snow boots since before I was married. I know, I live in North Idaho. I guess I'm just used to it and since my trudging up Mom & Dad's driveway days are over, I just haven't felt the need to spend the money. But I would really love a quality pair of boots so that I could go outside with the kids for longer than 10 minutes. And not get frostbite.
 
8. Bare Escentuals Foundation
ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Girls, this stuff rocks. My winter color is medium beige. In the summer I need something darker. I love that you get decent coverage but it doesn't feel heavy or caked like liquid foundation tends to do to me. I recommend purchasing wide awake & their mineral veil as well. The wide awake is great for under eye circles or blemishes and the mineral veil gives your skin a nice naturally blended look. The best part is that my skin seems to get clearer(except currently for some weird reason) and it lasts me for about 3 or 4 months.
 
9. More Makeup
 
City Lights
 
More from Bare Escentuals. This kit is called "city lights" and I have been eyeing it for a while. It is currently on sale. Yippee! Their holiday sets have been my favorites for eyes & lips(not a big lip person. makes me feel claustrophobic.). I do not care for their mascara. Not sure if its because they only have black & I use brown, or if it's their mascara brush, but I am not a fan.
 
10. Caramel Brulee Latte from Starbucks
 
 
I have had a couple of these this season and they are yummy. Trying to cut out sugar & carbs right now so I haven't been indulging but when you need a treat, these are a great option. I am generally a peppermint mocha or a chai tea sort of gal but these were nice for a change.
 
 
DISCLAIMER: I know this may seem very materialistic of me but I do have to say that I honestly do not care what I get for Christmas. In fact, I would be okay with receiving no gifts. I really would. Although I do love me a good gift, in my opinion, it is more fun to find gifts for others to enjoy. I am not the best gift giver. I readily admit that I am not the most thoughtful and I don't often come up with the best gift, but I do thoroughly enjoy trying. Please don't think me greedy, just wanted to share some things I enjoy and maybe give others ideas for those on their list. It's not too late!
Right?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




1 comment:

Dana Allard said...

Love those fur stockings! Cute!