Friday, August 31, 2012

A Rut

Going through my pantry, fridge, & freezers to compile a grocery list. And you know what I realized? I am stuck in a rut. I have no inspiration to cook & I just buy the same things over & over & over again. Now I know that there are just staples that you use all of the time. And then there are family favorites. We try not to buy a lot of super processed stuff & only Jay is able to eat dairy at this point. Honestly, our menu is sooo boring & half the time I'd rather not eat. Not that that's a bad thing considering my extra 25 pounds. But I do think there's gotta be a way to liven it up in a healthy manner.

So, what do you typically put on your grocery list?

Here is my current list:


Breads

bread
english muffins
tortillas

Breakfast Foods

cereal

Baking/spices

olive oil
chocolate chips
apple cider vinegar
chili powder
sugar
white flour
peanut butter
honey

Meat/Poultry

chicken breasts
chicken drumsticks

Snacks

gold fish
craisins
tortilla chips
potato chips

Canned

diced green chilis
enchilada sauce
spaghetti sauce

Dairy

butter
yogurt

Produce

peppers
lettuce
tomatoes
bananas
strawberries
blackberries
celery
onion
potatoes

Misc.

orange juice
decaf coffee
pasta

Cleaning/Household

comet bathroom cleaner
white vinegar
kitchen cleaner
aluminum foil






2 comments:

The Chad Beck's said...

Ha!
My list looks pretty much the same! I think it's hard to not be in a rut when you can't cook with dairy. I have to make more of the same things more often, plus the no beef or pork thing makes it really hard for me. I've been working on a list just this week to try and improve breakfast and dinner. Trying to skip lunch, but we'll see how that works!! So I'm a bad one to ask cause I'm in the same boat or worse then you! I told mom the other day, " MAn I hate cooking dinner, lunch, and breakfast!" She was laughing, but it's the truth, I'm sick of all three!!! So that's why I've been tring to make it a bit better for us all, we'll see. :/

Christine said...

EGGPLANT. It's my new favorite. Dip in egg, then in flour with salt, pepper, and paprika. Skip the egg if you can't have it. Fry it in oil or butter. Also use it as a base for an Italian style casserole.
ORANGES should always be on a shopping list. :)
Trail mix is excellent snack- peanuts, chocolate chips, raisins, craisins, dried pineapple....
PITA BREADS make good sandwiches. HUMMUS. I can't get Blake to eat it, but some people like it.
KIDNEY BEANS/BLACK BEANS.