Friday, February 3, 2012

Preterm Labor, Bloody Noses, Chickenpox, Absessed Teeth, & Antibiotics

Just a few of the things we're dealing with around here.

No, I am not going into labor but we are concerned Jay's sister might. She is 7 weeks out from her due date and worried she might have the baby too early. She tends to go 3 weeks early on average anyhow. And with all the added stress she's under these days she is not feeling so great.

Rowan keeps getting bloody noses. So fun. Today it was because his brother smashed his face into the slide. It is undetermined whether or not it was accidental.

There has been an outbreak of chickenpox. Jay and I have had them but the kids haven't. I wouldn't mind them getting it only... we leave in three weeks and that's about the time it would show up. So I am slightly concerned that they will get exposed.

Poor Adam has two absessed molars. They seemed to have been draining well but then the last three days he has seemed whiney & like he is not feeling good. I noticed his glands are swollen and then it dawned on me that the dentist said it might happen. So he had written him a perscription just in case.

Well, we are going to get it filled in the morning. I am nervous as all get out about giving it to him because we have never given our kids an antibiotic before. I am worried that he'll have an allergic reaction. Thankfully his teeth are getting pulled on Tuesday. Another thing I am nervous about.

All of that to say, if you all could pray for these things I would really appreciate it. We are feeling a little overwhelmed with things that keep coming up and we could really use some extra grace. Thank you in advance. I know that God has it all under control, I just need a little more faith and a little more grace to handle these situations.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I will be praying for all of you!
I would be all for exposing our kids to the chicken pox too, in fact I kind of got excited about it, then I realized we couldn't be around Terah's family for a very long time because of Inez. What to do, what to do?