Friday, February 3, 2012

Baby

26 weeks.

One more week until the third trimester. Two-thirds of the way there. Whew! Almost to the uncomfortable part. Steer clear ladies and gentlemen!

Just kidding. I feel great so far!

Baby:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.

My nameless baby is growing like a weed. Please pray he doesn't grow too much. Anything under 9 pounds would be great.

We are getting ready to go on vacation in three weeks. Yay! We will load and hook up our 5th-wheel and hit the road to Colorado. There we will stay for about four days and then it's off to good ole Arizona. Spring/summer weather here we come!

I know we still have three weeks before we go but there are a lot of preparations to be made. We won't just be packing suitcases this time but bringing a house of sorts. It will be interesting to see what we do and don't use on such a vacation. I always bring extra clothes but now I will have to refrain from bringing too much extra everything! And I'm six months pregnant so I will need three weeks just cause I am moving slower! Plus Jay has a ton of stuff to do to the truck before we go. Don't ask. I pretty much clump mechanics into the same category as nuclear physics. They sound the same to me.

Anyhow, I am very excited. We always have such a good time seeing everyone down there. The only thing is, well, I'm going to be 29 weeks pregnant when we leave. I have never traveled that far while being that pregnant. Any tips on how to stay comfortable for two days straight in the car? I do have a pair of maternity yoga pants coming in a package next week. I think I may just camp out in those for the traveling days. I shouldn't have to make very many public appearances. We will have our own bathroom with us after all. I am just a bit apprehensive, I guess.

No comments: