Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Girl's Room


 
As soon as we go and buy our princess a mattress, I will begin the decorating process in her room.
I already have a few things. We did buy her a bed. It is fabulously shabby pink. Not what I had in mind but couldn't resist when I saw it and the price. We actually bought a pair of them as they were on craigslist and very affordable and we didn't know whether or not the new baby was a boy or girl. Obviously we will not be needing the second but I have contemplated using it as a guest bed for when she has friends over.However, her room is very small so I will have to see how much room is in there once we actually get the bed set up.

I also have some really adorable pictures that I have been wanting to hang her wall. Plus a couple of embroidery patterns that I hope to use and frame. I also have her bedding, well, most of it. and I found a couple of tutorials on some pillows I would like to make.

I know what I want in my head but I have trouble actually getting it into real life. So I looked online and got some ideas.


I found this on Country Living. It's beautiful and has the old fashioned/shabby/white look I love.
But our bedrooms don't have wood floors, they have a very light carpet so I am thinking that it may be too white for our house. Plus we don't have the architecture, hers is a simple square room.



This is also from Country Living. I love this room. I really like the wall hangings in the background. And it is similar colors to avril's room. The doll on the bed adds a lot to this room in my mind.


Another white room. With wood floor. What strikes me about this room is the bedding. I love the bedding. Almost exactly what I am envisioning.



A cute, inexpensive wall decoration. Vintage sewing pattern envelopes in frames. Love it.


shelves + baskets

Love the baskets. And love the simplicity of the shelves.



I am drawn to buntings for some reason. Really like the heart one draped on the bed. Only I am thinking linen and vintage lace instead of gingham. Also like the baskets under the bed idea. Great way to separate and store toys/shoes/etc. And the horse pull toy is something I would love for my boys' room.But that post is for another day. Like two or three years from now!


IMG_4804

One of the pillows I plan on making.

The other is an embroidered one. I can't get a picture.

I also want to embroider a canvas with a Scripture on it to hang on the wall.
Sort of like this one: http://jonesdesigncompany.com/create/embroidered-wallhanging-tutorial/

I also really like the idea of putting an armoir in her room for more storage.
Sort of like one of these:




That's all I have time for right now. I have a few other ideas but I am not sure what will work and what won't. I will be sure to post before and after pictures whatever I decide to do.

3 comments:

Dana Allard said...

I love the idea of an armoir in a kids room.
I also love the antique-y look.

The Chad Beck's said...

Gosh this is killing me more!!! I'm always thinking of ideas for our girls bedroom... and it does have the roof line like that one, but not the boards, which are not cheap. The funny thing about this antique stuff, is it's today's style now. lol! I love all of it and I think all of us girls like the same type of stuff for the kids bedrooms!
Fun fun!!

Holly said...

I love LOVE those pillows and will be making them as well...thanks for the wonderful idea :)