Monday, January 9, 2012

Names

I have been asked a lot about names for our newest little guy. I know what I would choose but my sweet hubby seems to act as a brick wall when it comes to naming our children. If I had my way completely, with no opposition, his name would be:

Emery Leighton

But my husband has made it very clear that he will never have a son named Emery. And since I do not plan on having a son with anyone else I guess I have to let it go.

Names we would both consider are:

Rhett
Langley
Leighton
Maddox
Corbin
Roarke
Titus

Jay's favorites are Rhett and Corbin. Rhett means ardent. Which is translated to : hot; fiery; passionate. The idea of naming my child something with that meaning feels like I am shooting myself in the foot and begging for a difficult baby.

Corbin means: a gift devoted to God. Ahhhh, that's more like it.

My favorites off the list are probably Leighton and Maddox. Neither one has a spectacular meaning. Leighton is something to do with the farmer that lives at the end of a long meadow. And Maddox is of a similar nature.

Jay says that he would probably choose Corbin out of all of the names but that would mean I could not have my favorite which is Leighton. Corbin Leighton just sounds retarded.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

I asked today, "If I give up the name Leighton for Corbin, can I have Emery for his middle name?"

To which he said, "Oh man, I don't know."

To which I said, " I think it's the only way I can give up Leighton. Plus Corbin means: a gift devoted to God. And Emery means: industrious leader. So he would have pretty killer meaning to his name."

He answered, "That's true. I guess I could live with that."

I almost squealed. Until he said, "Don't go announcing it. It hasn't been decided."

I told him that I realize it's not set in stone but that when people ask I am going to tell them what we're thinking. He said that was fine.

So we're thinking: Corbin Emery. And as a side note, it hasn't been decided. *wink*


To whom it may concern:

If we do by chance stick with that name, I would like you all to know that if you are ever tempted, even in the smallest way, for the most minute period of time, to ever, EVER call him Cory...

I am hear to tell you that you must have a death wish.

Understand?

3 comments:

gramiwaggs said...

I still like Rhett Palmer. It sounds tough and the poor little tike is going to need it with the rough and tumble go-getters you have. Corbin Emery is cute though. Haven't disliked a single name of any of my grand kids yet.

Dana Allard said...

I like Rhett.

Holly said...

Hope these are still on the list Leighton and Maddox! LOVE!!!!