Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lunch

Okay, girls, I need your help.

I am very uninspired lately when it comes to meals for my family, especially lunch and snacks. I am so tired of fixing the same old things but can't seem to find any new ideas that aren't junk or really time consuming.

So let's have it. What do you give your kids for snacks and lunch that is not too sugary, does not contain tons of processed junk, and does not contain a lot of milk/dairy? I would love some new ideas. I'm completely blank.

4 comments:

The Chad Beck's said...

hmmmm...
Well I really don't know what to tell ya! I think most of us moms tend to get bored with lunches. The important thing to me is, my kids don't seem too! Whenever I try new things they don't want it the next time and ask for pbj's instead!
Since your kids are good eaters maybe you could feed them Erin Cobb style?? I always look at the stuff and laugh and think my kids would rather starve!
Other then that I don't know what to say... if your kids are anything like mine, they like "simple" better anyways.

Imagine That! said...

Kali's favorites are scrambled eggs with whatever yummys she can find. We do tuna melts but those have cheese, but we mostly do lots of sandwiches with lunch meat. We have tried changing that up a bit and use different bread and thinwiches. It keeps if a little more fun. Hope someone has some good ideas cause I am pretty much bored with cooking altogether. :)

Terah said...

Well Shel, you could always make tortellini soup LOL!
(Actually I always put leftover soup in the freezer to use for lunches.)

Lunch is my favorite meal to prepare! Tortilla wraps, fondue, quasidillas, pasta salad, sunflower seeds, chicken salad sandwiches, fruit kabobs, tacos, mini pizzas, and ALWAYS fresh fruits and veggies w/dip.

I always try to make snack something yummy + either fresh or dried fruit. Popcorn, trail mix, homemade pop cycles, frozen/dried fruit, homemade cookies, coconut, banana bread, pretzels...

Terah said...

'popsicles'

(;