Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

Another year has begun. Sometimes I feel more behind than ever at the beginning of a year. I don't know if it's just that I haven't recooperated from the holidays or if its just a slight depression of the things left undone from the previous year. For example, I still have two years worth of plum juice to turn into jelly, a few unfinished Christmas gifts, Christmas decorations to take down, Christmas pictures to post, weight to lose, letters to write, pictures to send to relatives, and a good, deep house-cleaning.

So much for relaxing after the holidays!

New Year's resolutions are kinda tacky. I mean, if something really needs to change we should work on it right away instead of waiting for the new year. Right?

Well, that being said, I do have a few.

The first is always that I will be more faithful to God this year. That I will draw near to Him and learn to truly be a living sacrifice.

My second resolution is to be a more active person. Not just exercise, but to be a go-getter. To think ahead and get things done on time if not early. To simply stop waiting for others to do it and do it myself.

That's pretty much it. These are my goals for this year. Nothing too interesting. Nothing too lofty.

I have no idea what this year holds in store but I am looking forward to it.

No comments: