Tuesday, November 30, 2010

T.O.T Gift Edition

Deciding what to buy the kids for birthdays and Christmas this year has proved to be a bit mind boggling but I think we have finally decided. We try to get them something fun, something they have been asking for, and something they need. I think we may have accomplished just that. Without going bankrupt!

So this is what we've come up with:

1) For the boys' birthdays they are each getting a sleeping bag. This will be great for overnighters and the 5th wheel.

2) For Christmas, they are each getting Carhartt pants. They have been blowing the knees out of their jeans left and right this year and we wanted to get them a sturdy pair of play pants to keep their other pants stain and hole-free. Plus, what's cuter than a little boy in Carhartts?

3) They each get a set of Leap Frog dvds. Rowan gets volume one and Adam gets volume two.



4) Avril will be getting a couple Boz the bear dvds. They are her favorite and they teach Biblical principals.

5) Both boys are getting mud boots. They have really been wanting some since our trip to Vermont. These will also help preserve their good shoes.

6) For Christmas, Avril will also be getting some dishes for her kitchen set. I bought these in the summer. I didn't think she was old enough for them at her birthday.

7) The remainder of Avril's gifts will be clothes. She really needs a few things and she doesn't really care what she gets anyway.

8) I try to get one Christmas movie for them to share each year and this year I think I'll get this one. How can you go wrong with Andy Griffith?



9) The boys love to dress up and pretend so after Halloween I went and bought them three costumes each. I spent a grand total of twenty-three dollars and some odd cents. They are going to love it!



10) Each of the boys will be getting a fiddle this year. I am most excited about this gift. I hope that their daddy's musical talent rubbed off on them some.



It sure sounds like a lot but most of it they were getting anyway(minus movies and toys) so we decided to just save it for Christmas and birthdays. I'm slowly getting into the habit of making them things as well. I have a couple minor projects up my sleeve. Eventually I would like to buy them one birthday gift and one Christmas gift and make everything else myself. However, not being able to sew clothes makes it a little hard.

4 comments:

Terah said...

5th wheel???
5th wheel!!!
At first I thought that was some sort of announcement or something! (;

Carhartts! How perfect for your boys! How much do they run?

What do you mean by mud boots? Not golashes? We LOVE the black ones from wal-mart...

I want the link for the exact set of leap frog dvd's you got. I can't seem to find any that include everything I want, and so it's cheaper to get them seperately.

Fiddles! Makes me giggle just thinking about the sheer adorableness factor on that one!

Heidi said...

5th Wheel, as in, trailer.
As in, don't have to try to put sheets on those bunks.
As in, less work. Not more! =)

We actually hit a sale we didn't know about and I think they were about $16.00 each. They normally run around $20-$24 a pair. WE thought it was perfect too! I may even find pink ones for the girl.

Yes, we got the black ones from Wal-Mart. They are actually made in Canada and not China! The brown ones for adults are made in the good ole USA too! Miracles will never cease.

OKay, I thought I fixed it but I don't know what I'm doing. Click on the word one in my post for the set for Rowan and then click on the word two for the set we got Adam. I can't figure out how to make them a different color! Also click on the word "this" for the Christmas movie and the word "Boz" for that dvd.(For those of you wondering)

I know! It was Jay's idea and I absolutely loved it! What better thing for their daddy to get them? He thinks Rowan is still a little young but they both seemed so interested in Deanna's boys playing this weekend that he thought it'd be okay.

Dana Allard said...

Carhartts are awesome. Drew has some carhartt overalls and they will last forever.
Fiddles! How cute!

The Chad Beck's said...

Yeah the idea of it is adorable!.... but,
Not so sure the sound of it will be so adorable! Lol!
Wow Terah, you're just looking for about any clue aren't you!