Sunday, December 20, 2009

Rowan

This guy grows up a little more each day but I was astonished that he grasped the concept of his birthday so well. This morning, after he got his orange juice he announced, "Okay, let's go to the living room and have my party now." I felt bad when I had to tell him that his party isn't until the second of January so we could do his and Adam's together.

He also ran around church telling everybody that he's "free" now.

Over the last year he has grown in so many ways. Ways that I have even forgotten. I hardly remember the baby I once held because he has been replaced by a loving, energetic, adorable boy.

Rowan is loveable in so many ways. He likes smooching his mama, which is always a bonus, but he is all boy at the same time. Not a day goes by when he isn't killing off some bad guy or lost in the adventures of whatever superhero he decides to become. The boy loves to climb and if you sit anywhere you will become his new jungle gym. His dimples are to die for and his smile brightens the day.

I don't have fancy words to describe this precious gift and I don't even have a picture to post(hopefully tomorrow). All I know is that I am grateful God gave us a second boy because our lives wouldn't be the same without him. And I love him.

Happy Birthday Rowan.
I am very excited to be your mommy and I am looking forward to this year.
I love you.

3 comments:

The Chad Beck's said...

He is a cutie!
I missed him saying he's free! And I forgot to tell him happy birthday. Notty auntie. =(
Happy Birthday "free" boy!!!

P.S.
maybe he actually thinks he's free because of your last post about giving him away!!

Karina said...

Happy Birthday Rowan!

hehehehe...Levi is "free" also.

I'm sure you two would be great friends, or best 'enemies', if we lived closer :)

Hope you guys had a great day together!!

Terah said...

Party!