Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Big Reveal

Okay.
I went in for my ultrasound.
The baby is very healthy.
All measurements were great.
The brain is developing properly.
No cleft lip or palate.
The little one is quite the wiggler.
The heart is working properly.
And I'm sure SHE will be just adorable.

I feel so blessed that God has decided to give me a daughter. I must admit that I was so shocked at first that I could hardly even be excited. That has most definitely worn off and I am worn out after being so excited. I think her daddy was just as, if not more, excited than I am. It is so hard to imagine having a little girl around here.

Adam jumped up and down when I told him he is going to have a sister and Rowan just gave me a blank look and went back to watching his movie. I guess Horton and the Who's were just a little more interesting to him than this phantom baby we keep talking about. I think I may have to aquire a doll to help them practice the "baby thing" soon. I never did it for Adam and it was a challenge teaching him to be gentle. Nerve-wracking when they are learning on your real live baby.

I told Jay that he is in big trouble now. There are just so many cute things for girls...

8 comments:

The Chad Beck's said...

I just can't quit thinking about it all day since I got off the phone with you! I got off the phone and thanked God for the baby girl as well. =] It's so neat to me that He gave you what you were begging for.
Yeah, Chad said Jay sounded SO excited!
Yep, Jay IS in big trouble, with the whole girl shopping thing! =]

Crystal said...

That is so, SO cool!

Terah said...

WooHoo!!!

Gwyneth needs someone to give her a run for her title! (;

I'm soooo glad I had my ultrasound last week! I totally would've caved going in tomorrow! Soooo exciting!

Dana Allard said...

yay!
I'm sure she will be one spoiled little girlie... and no more name worries!

Karina said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!
I was thinkin pink for you all day yesterday! Im so happy for you guys, and so glad to hear that everything is healthy.

That is so exciting!

Craig and Heather said...

Congratulations! :)

Heather

Craig and Heather said...

So will Jay let you name her Emery?

He he he he . .

Well, It was funny to me:)

Craig

Heidi said...

Hardy harr harr.

Can I help it if I was born obsessive? I obsess over everything. I'm a work in progress.
Okay, very little progress, but progress none the less.

Anyway, no, we will not name her Emery.