Monday, October 20, 2008

Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Pie

Well, apparently the pie was a hit yesterday at the church lunch. I had I think four people ask me for the recipe. Funny, I've never made it before. But alas, I cannot take credit because I found it in the Taste of Home magazine. All I did was follow instructions. But for those of you who asked and actually read the blog, here it is:

1 Sheet refrigerated pie pastry (I made my own)
3 eggs
1 can(15 oz.) pumpkin
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Streusel:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts


On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, cream, sugars, cinnamon, salt, and spices. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350 for 40 min.

In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts and sprinkle gently over filling.

Bake 15-25 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.

3 comments:

Terah said...

I have to admit I didn't even try it, but Crystal was raving.

I, on the other hand, fell in love with that green salad with the green olives on it. Gwyneth and I each had 3 helpings! It was SOOOOOO good! I've officially had my first "craving" today, as I can't stop thinking about that salad, and nothing else will do! (And I don't even like green olives!) So, if anyone knows who brought that, please tell me!!!

Heidi said...

Oh bummer, I didn't have that kind *because* of the green olives. Maybe I should learn to try different things while I'm PG, it worked with tomatoes. Strange, I'm LOVING them this time just like with Adam. I did not like them with ROwan though.

Shea said...

Yummers...that sounds so good and not too difficult. That means I should be able to do it!