Friday, October 17, 2008

Gettin' There

My boys and I went grocery shopping this morning and I must say, other than the 11ty-billion people in town, it was the most pleasant grocery trip I think I've ever had with the two of them. They even got a new movie, I was so proud of them. It made me feel as though I actually stand a chance at managing three children 7.5 months from now.

There was one slight damper to my day, I am sorry to say. That was the fact that near the end and most of the way home, I was feeling a little woozy. I keep getting waves of nausea, nothing serious but enough to wonder if it's only the beginning of something far worse. I also suffer from terrible fatigue. I do not remember being this tired with the other two. Funny how you forget things between babies.

This weekend is cider weekend at our house. We are finally going to pick the apples and take them in to be pressed. Yum yum! We are going to have a whole freezer full of cider I imagine. I love this time of year.

Terah is coming over sometime this week to make pear butter with me as well. I have never done it before so if anyone has a good recipe let me know.

Well, the boys are sleeping and I am going to take this golden opportunity and see if I can get a little rest myself. See you all later.

7 comments:

Terah said...

If you think about it, feeling icky is a good thing. Lets you know all is going as it should in "baby world"

It's funny. I'm not having any symptoms, to speak of, so far.
Usually weeks 6-13 I feel like I have a bad case of the flu...
Coming up quick! Tomorrow marks 6 weeks, so we'll see...

Heidi said...

Well, it's nothing major, just a tinsy bit every now and then. It usually hits when I'm tired or hungry, so maybe it's not even the baby. Who knows, time will tell.

I wouldn't mind losing *some* of my enormous apetite though.

Dana Allard said...

I know everyone's different, but I was really tired with Amber. I kept waiting for it to go away, and sometimes I could hardly get out of bed. Then I was running out of breath when I went up stairs. I finally found out I'm anemic when I'm preg. As soon as I started taking iron, it was so much better.

The Chad Beck's said...

I knew I saw you today! I was sitting in Les Schwab with Preston and I saw your car go to yokes, I thought, it's friday and she seems to do her shopping on these days, it's gotta be her. :)
I feel for ya, I just really didn't enjoy most of those months, I guess I worked all the time really hard with Kira, and then with Preston I had a seven month old kira to care for and something was wrong with my tailbone most of it. Yeah, don't miss all that, but loved knowing there was a little one growing inside. :) I love watching your baby thing on your page, I always wished i could see in my tummy as my babies were growing... :)

Heidi said...

Yes, the first three months DRAG on and on for me. I'm never more than nauseous but it is just so boring! Can't see the baby, can't feel the baby, can't shop for the baby, on and on it goes. But, I shouldn't be complaining, I feel pretty great most of the time(so far) and so far I'm not constantly in PMS mode this time! Yay! I was so grumpy with the boys that even Jay was dreading another pregnancy, but so far, so good.

The Chad Beck's said...

maybe it's a girl then??! :)

Heidi said...

I'll take it! Anything that seems different than the boys only gets my hopes up but I figure, I've asked God for a daughter since Rowan was a baby and I wasn't even sure I wanted more kids! So what's the harm in hoping? =)

Praying for healthy, hoping for a girl!

(okay,okay. I'm kinda prayin' for a girl too!)