Tuesday, August 6, 2013

ten on tuesday

1. how pathetic am I that I have been "completing" Avril's room for two years and the only thing I've accomplished is buying her a bed? there just seem to be too many other more important things to spend time & money on.

2. swim lessons are awesome. adam is becoming quite a little fish. I think that Avril is a little more comfortable in the water and rowan never says much about it. he is not fond of blowing out his nose under water. I know they are all having a blast, including me. it has been really good for us as I would most likely not take them to the lake very often without the lessons.

3. I am still working on my couch to 5k program. I am currently on week 5. I now run 5 days a week instead of 3. Still trying to walk each day as well.

4. Went to town and ran errands with all 4 tired & hungry children after swim lessons today. My, what an experience. I always picture these things going very well. Like a fuzzy dream. Walking calmly down the isles in the store. gazing at my sweet, smiling children as they politely hand me things I need off of the shelves. a chubby baby contentedly cooing in the grocery cart as it rolls along. but after I go & real life happens, I think I'd be content with just remembering everything on the list and not contemplating the murder of people. It's not always my children. sometimes it's the construction workers that always flip the sign around to STOP when I drive up. sometimes it's the cashier who checks the groceries slower than molasses in January as my children are wrestling in the isle and my baby is screaming his lungs out because I actually have to scan the thing he is playing with. sometimes it's the mother with only two children who is looking at the freak show that is our family as we troop in & out of the store. and it's almost always the person who says, "wow. you've got your hands full." they might as well say, "wow, nut-job, you must have been completely off your rocker when you had those last two."

5. getting excited about the upcoming school year. thought I'm not ready to start yet, I am really looking forward to this new program we're trying. I get to order the books and curriculum on Friday. It's sort of like Christmas for me. Books are a great love of mine. I just love looking through a new book.

6. my kids. my poor, poor kids. they need a routine so badly right now. Rhett has been waking everybody up really early and we seem to sort of just survive the blows of the day. I have been a poor planner and we are all feeling it. the kids have random meal times(with too much dairy), random naps, random bedtimes, & random time with Mommy. it's taking it's toll and something needs to be done.

7. I am going on a computer fast for a couple days.
     see number 6.
    So tomorrow & Thursday are no computer days. they are going to be fully devoted to the care of my children & husband. who knows, maybe I'll even get some cleaning done.

8. know a good/inexpensive place to get flattering & modest swimwear for women? I am a little bit panicky about the whole thing. summer's coming to an end. must find something before my cruise!

9. summer's coming to an end! I am sad but glad. fall is my favorite time of year but this summer has been pretty fun so I'm sad to see it end.

10. if I ever complete Avril's room, the boys' gets to be next. it's in need of updating. and by the time I get to it, Rhett will be ready to move to a big boy bed. sniffle. they get big so fast.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I know that everyone has different opinions of "modest swimsuits" but I really love a couple of the ones on this site! http://www.reyswimwear.com/

Glad your kids are learning to swim so well! It's an awesome skill to have - and love. :)

The Chad Beck's said...

That's the same site I was going to suggest! :)