Wednesday, August 21, 2013

hit me with your best shot...

FIRE AWAY-AY-AYYYY!

sorry. I couldn't help it.

So I want to know your best morning routines with the kiddos.
I know there are some things that are essential to me in the morning and I seem to have a hard time fitting it all in.

My big things:

~devotions
~walk/run
~getting kids up & dressed
~beds made
~kids chores done
~breakfast & cleanup
~devotions with the kids

Those are the things that throw our entire day off if they aren't done. But since my walk takes an hour and my run makes me sweat like a pig who needs a shower very badly, it's practically lunch time when we get it all done. Once school starts, I know I am going to have to run in the morning and walk(with all of the kids) later in the day. Right now I walk in the morning by myself and run when Rhett is napping. So I am thinking that I will get up at 5:00, run, shower, get ready for the day, and then get the kids up to do their stuff. Then maybe we could start school by 8:00 or 9:00.

Trouble is.... I don't wanna get up at 5:00! Is there a better way to do this in a timely manner?

So hit me! I need fresh minds and a different perspective.

1 comment:

Dana Allard said...

I'm trying to figure this out too and I don't exercise. My goal is to look presentable and have my devotions done before the kids get up! I do have them do chores in the evening so they just have to make their beds in the morning.