Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

 In honor of Good Friday I am blogging about the things that I think are good right now. I am the queen of randomness so don't expect any different today.

1. Jesus. He was born. He lived. He served. He sinned not. He died. He rose. He lives.
 That is very good.

2. My husband. He's good. Actually, the best.

3. My kids. Sometimes. They are good to know. They do not always have good behavior.

4. Coffee. Specifically lattes. My current favorite is sugar-free salted caramel mocha.

5. Spring. Green. Sunshine. Warmth. Spring is good.

6. These cookies are good. Avril & I made them the other day. And that was a good time as well.
(pictures coming)
 

 Swig Sugar Cookie Recipe.  This is the cookie that all other cookies for the rest of your life will be compared to.
 
7. Our Good Friday celebration at church. It's tonight at 6:30 and it was really good last year. I have no reason to believe it will be any less this year.
 
8. This book is good. I just finished reading it and I think it may change my life. I recommend it to anyone who is organizationally challenged like myself. I plan on ordering at least one more of her books.
 
9. This website is good for hair tutorials. I recently stumbled across it on Pinterest.
 
10. This shampoo & conditioner is good. And pricey. That's why I got it on Amazon. It's even worse in the store!
 
11. BareEscentuals makeup is good. I have started buying it on Amazon also.
 
12. Pinterest is good. Well, for organizing & finding ideas. There are other things about it that are not good. Such as how much of my attention it sucks up and some of the weird stuff on there.
 
13. The Dashing Dish is good. I found it both inspiring and very helpful. All of the recipes I've tried so far have been good. And the fact that she loves the Lord is very good. Check it out. You might like it too.
 
14. Timberdoodle home school curriculum is good. This was our first year using it and we really like it. They just revised their cores for this coming year and they look even better! I think I will customize a little bit more this year to have it fit our needs, but overall we really like it. Including the kids! Make sure you look at their different options though. I think this coming year, all my kids will be doing the same science & history. This will save us time & money. Also, you obviously don't need to buy the fun tools more than once, just save those & the textbooks\audios for your younger children. And some of the workbooks could be reused if you are smarter than me & think ahead so you can copy the worksheets for your younger children.
 
 15. Chipotle avocado chicken salad in a pita is good. Unless you're like my mom & hate avocados.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

The Chad Beck's said...

Yumm, now I want a coffee. :)
I might need to borrow that book! I need to get things in order around here so bad!!
I use that blog for my hair! It's really helpful for me since we have about the same hair and same length. I've been curling mine like hers, can you tell?? ;)
I've been thinking about making my own shampoo, I guess we'll see.
You like that makeup better then Earth Labs?
I will be checking out that food blog, always needing more ideas!!
Timberdoodle worked pretty good for us...going to change a few things as well, but overall we all enjoyed it! Already can't wait to order next years!!
I want the recipe for that chicken salad, sounds wonderful!

Heidi said...

The book is nothing earth shaking but just simple things to make life easier. I think mostly, it helped me realize that it's ok if my house doesn't look like a Pottery Barn magazine, especially while the kids are small & learning to help out. But I think I can implement a lot of her strategies using a style I love so it's a win/win.

Now that you mention it, yes, you do curl your hair like her! =)

I really want to make my own soaps & cleaners. I have a book all about making household cleaners without chemicals, I just haven't bought the supplies I need.

I honestly have never tried Earth Lab makeup. I just really like this stuff so I didn't feel the need to change. I know Tess really like Earth Lab...

The food blog isn't a dairy free place but you could always substitute with goat milk. I've tried only a few things so far and I'm a fan.

I know. I'm really ready to be done with this school year. There is nothing like starting with a clean slate & crisp, clean books. Jay is really skeptical about combining the science & history but I just don't have it in me to do 10 different books per kid. Avril will be doing preschool stuff too so it just seems like a lot.

The recipe is on my Pinterest Food board. It was yummy but it needed salt or something so you might need to tweak it to your liking.

Holly said...

This post my friend ... was very very good ;) Good to see you looking for and counting your blessings. An inspiration!