Friday, April 29, 2011

Lonely

I think Blogland is a little dreary these days. Seems most of us are slacking in the blog department. If it's for the same reason I am, it's probably a good thing. Husband. Kids. Meals. Housework. Bible reading. Projects. Company. And other things of that sort.

I made a commitment a few weeks back to stay off of the computer more. I even computer "fasted" for a whole week. While my sister was in Uganda, no less. Not an easy task. But I did it and you know what? It has been easier for me to stay off of it since then.  A quick look at blogs here and there. Check my email. Search the web briefly for something. And that's about it. Of course today has been an exception. I was Ebaying, okay! And the weather is starting to get me down. It is almost May, right? Time for Sunshine!

Anyway, I have decided that on most days I will not get online until nap time or bed time and I am trying to stay off while Jay is here with me. Now, if he so chooses to spend his evenings outside or working on his various projects, then the computer and time on it is free game, Baby! =) But it really is the least I can do to shut it off and pay attention when he is actually in here with me. He is my husband afterall.

Today is one of those rare occasions that all three of my lovely children are napping. Poor Adam was up until approximately 12:45 am and true to form, he woke up around 7 am. So he is napping with the others and I have decided that I have some pictures that need tending to. I should be posting a bundle of them on the other blog today, if you're interested. Hoping to catch up through April and start fresh for May. Then I am going to try my hardest to stay on top of it so I can have a book or two made at the end of the year.

Speaking of blog books...

 How do you all do it? With my photo-a-day I was thinking from January 1-December 31 for each book. But would it be better to go from Christmas to Christmas each year so that I can have them made up as a gift for my family each Christmas instead of waiting until after the new year? You know, start the 1st of December and go through November of the following year. That sort of thing.

And for this blog, should I do all of the text posts as well or just the ones with pictures? Should I divide them and do one of each child per year and then different ones of the whole family or just a combined family book? What size would you all recommend? Let me know what you think. I need advice. I have a pretty good idea that I'll do a family one and one of each child to give on their birthdays but I am open to any new ideas you might have, so comment away, please.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I've been trying! On occasion!

I personally am a control freak. So as much as I would like to "gift" our families with a yearly book. I have to have each calendar year into their own book.

I also have done a book for each of my girls of their first two years.
(gotta get on GG's)
Anywho, I can order a copy for each girl of our yearly book if I wanted.

I know me, and too many books won't happen. So I keep one blog, one book, except their baby books.
Its tempting to do a portrait book, but I like it all in one place way too much! So i mix it all together, stories, quotes, happy snaps and portraits!

It works differently for everyone though! Good luck!

Heidi said...

I know. I'm not griping that the blogs are lagging right now, I promise. Like I said, it's a good thing!=)

Thatnks for the ideas. I never really thought of adding quotes. Ooooooh! Or Scripture.

So far my kids don't have ANY books. I'm so much like my mom!

gramiwaggs said...

And just what is wrong with being like MOM?

Terah said...

blurb.com is wehre I do my books.
Not the best, but good enough.
And probably the easiest, as they will actually slurp your blog if you want.