Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

 1) Praise the Lord that my daughter is feeling better. She had some sort of a nasty cold for about a week and by the end of it we were both bawling all day. But the last couple of days have been heavenly in comparison.


2) We've moved the computer downstairs to the spare room in the dungeon, uh, basement. Hince the lack of blogging posts. Well, that and number 1 of this post.


3) I think I am done Christmas shopping! Man, I'm really early this year. Normally I'm not done 'til the 23rd or so. I guess Jay has one more gift to order for the boys but as far as I'm concerned, I have done my part.


4) I am not done Christmas baking. Haven't even started. But I walked on the treadmill early today so I can start tonight. If my hubby doesn't mind picking up a few things. He usually doesn't mind. He's pretty spectacular, you know.


5) My husband is pretty spectacular.


6) I plan on making a couple different kinds of cookies, fudge, maybe chocolate-covered cherries, cookie dough balls, and jelly.


7) Still have to do Christmas cards too. It is my goal to someday have Christmas cards sent out the first week in December. Someday.


8) My kids had a gingerbread house decorating birthday party on Sunday afternoon. It was fun! And it didn't take me too long to clean up the mess afterward. They will be getting another party after the new year for the grandparents and aunts and uncles without kids. Something simple.


9) Adam continues to do exceptionally well in school. I am amazed at how quickly and easily he grasps everything. Numbers are his strong area but he doesn't really have a weak area. Even his attitude has greatly improved.  I'm so proud of him!


10) Next Tuesday is the women's ministry meeting and we are having a Christmas tea. I am so excited. It sounds so relaxing and fun. Love all those ladies to pieces and I missed the last one so I'm really ready to get together.


11) I am really, really going to do it! I am reclaiming my mornings. I keep threatening but tomorrow is the day. I am going to start getting up at 5:30. I need morning time before my kids get up. I need devotion time. I need getting dressed time. I need seeing Jay time. I need exercise time. I need time to get my morning stuff done so I can start school at a reasonable hour.

 Mornings, I have missed you. I am coming back. Please be merciful.

5 comments:

Terah said...

Every time I resolve to reclaim my mornings someone keeps me up until 4:00 or so.
That makes it a little harder.

You had better add your candy bar treats to that list...never mind, can't have them anyways.

The Chad Beck's said...

So if you really do make the chocolate covered cherries, do you mind saving out like five of them for me?? That sounds so good and none of us made them this year... I think it may be one thing that won't be too sweet??
Are we suppose to bring anything to the tea, do you guys know???
I have all my kid shopping to still do... yikes!
And my goal next year is to actually GET christmas cards sent OUT! grrrrr....

Terah said...

oh...we've got cherries.

no worries, my pregnant sister.

The Chad Beck's said...

;)
So I guess we're not having the Christmas tea till next month. :(

Imagine That! said...

mornings, yeah I am getting my morning time in right now. It is 12:28 am oops I guess I am supposed to do mornings after sleeping not before. I keep thinking I will get up early and get ready for the day but it doesn't happen.