Monday, April 19, 2010

Se7en

Wow.

Seven years today. I can hardly believe it's been that long.

Year 1:
*We went on our honeymoon to Disneyland, Six Flags, etc. It was our first trip alone together. The day after our wedding we were driving and I broke down and cried as the reality that my childhood was over hit home. My brand new husband pulled over, hugged me, took me for a walk, hugged and smooched me some more and then gave me the cell phone to call my mom.
We were gone 10 days, had a blast, and drove straight through on the way home because we were homesick.

*We lived in Athol.
*Jay washed windows and worked nights at UPS. I worked at Unicep(against my will).
*We were on opposite schedules for the first six months.
*We got a dog, Ramsey.
*We went on our second trip together, to Colorado. We flew. We were trying to decide if we should take a job down there. Right before we left UPS said they had a driving position.
*Jay took the job at UPS.
*We got a kitten, Ashes.
*Chris & Holly officially adopted the boys.
*Shelby got pregnant.
*Heidi(my cousin)got pregnant.
*Carissa got pregnant.
*Terah got pregnant.
*Carissa S. got pregnant.
* I quit Unicep.
*We were told we had to move. We packed up. We tearfully said goodbye to our first home together. We moved to Fish Creek.
*We had our first anniversary. We spent it at a little bed & breakfast and just ran around the park and the town. Then we ate at Wolf Lodge.

Year 2:

*1 week after our first anniversary, April 26, 2004, I found out I was pregnant.
*Jay continued working at UPS.
*I stayed home and enjoyed being a housewife.
*Shelby had a girl.
*Carissa had a boy.
*Heidi had a girl.
*We took another trip to Colorado. Our last without children.
*Terah had a boy.
*Carissa S. had a boy.
*On January 4, 2005, I started having contractions. They plagued me for two days and on the third day I went to the hospital.
*On my due date, January 6, 2005 @ 8:18 p.m., we became parents. Our first child, a boy, entered the world.
*We fumbled through parenting and learned that our sweet baby had a lactose intolerence. So began my year without dairy.
*Everyone threw Adam a shower.
*I stayed home and watched Adam grow. Jay worked at UPS.
*We had our second anniversary. I believe we went truck shopping and to dinner.

Year 3:

*We bought the Ford.
*Soon after our anniversary we went to Vermont. My first time on the East coast. We visited Jay's family, attended his grandparents' 60th anniversary, and flew home. We were there 10 days.
*Adam grew, and was a happy baby as long as I stayed away from dairy.
* We spent most of the year celebrating everyone's children and enjoying life.
*All the babies turned one. And most of the mommies were expecting again.
*Shelby had a boy.
*Adam turned 1.
*Jay's grandpa passed away.
*Shortly after we took another trip. This time to Colorado and Arizona.
*Tennille had Lane. The second boy with the family name.
*Adam learned to walk.
*Terah had twins! Boy & girl. And while she was in the hospital recooperating, on April 12, 2006, I found out I was expecting again.
*One week later we had our third anniversary. We went to a hotel without Adam. The Davenport. Fancy-shmancy. It was the first time we left Adam overnight.

Year 4:

*Adam grew like a weed.
*So did I.
*Heidi had another girl.
*Deanna got pregnant.
*We celebrated my inlaws' 40th anniversary.
*Carissa S. had a girl.
*We bought out first house and started remodeling it. I was eight months pregnant.
*On my due date, just five days before Christmas, I went to the doctor. I went to my parents' afterward and started having contractions that I passed off as Braxton Hicks. By 7:00 that night I was sure death was upon on me and at 11:34 p.m. our second child, another boy, was born. He was much smaller than Adam but loved just as much.
*Adam turned two.
*We continued remodeling and in March of '07, we moved into a motorhome on our property.
*Deanna had a girl.
*We had our fourth anniversary. We just went to dinner and a movie but were glad to get away from the house project.

Year 5:

*We kept remodeling the house and going crazy in the motorhome for the next four months. I took my laundry to Mom or Terah's house once a week.
*That August we moved into our first house.
*The boys grew like crazy.
*Rowan turned 1.
*Adam turned 3.
*We went on another vacation to Colorado and Arizona. This time with two kids. Crazy.
*Rowan learned to walk.
*Jay worked. I stayed home with the boys. Life was sweet.
*We had our 5th anniversary.

Year 6:

*Jay started building the shed.
*That summer we spent most of it working around the place and watching the boys grow out of their babyhood.
*That fall we went to Colorado. We visited, laughed, and rode 4-wheelers. The boys loved it! And so did we.
*Cousins had more children.
*Carissa had a boy.
*On October 4, 2008 I told my sister that I was expecting again. She told me she was due two days before me.
*Rowan turned 2.
*Adam turned 4.
*That winter family came to see us, so we didn't take a trip.
*We had our 6th anniversary.

Year 7:

*Jay finished the shed.
*His parents came to visit.
*The road department tore out half our front yard and all of the trees blocking us from the road.
*Terah had a girl.
*12 days later, on June 17, 2009 @ 10:09 p.m., our daughter was born. She was huge.
*That September we went once again to Colorado. I fell and dropped my baby down the steps. Thankfully she was in her infant car seat and I was the only one with injuries.
*Jay continued working while I stayed home with our three wonderful children.
*I began homeschooling Adam.
*Rowan turned 3.
*Adam turned 5.
*We went on another trip to Colorado and Arizona.
*And today we celebrate our 7th anniversary.

There are so many things that happened during these years. I tried to include the highlights but I know I have forgotten some important things. I know Jay's other grandfather also passed away but I don't remember what year it was. There are many things that have made up our life together. Some bad. Mostly good.

As I look back over the last seven years I am filled with one thought. I am so very loved.

Thank you, Lord, for this marriage, this family, this life. I know it all comes from you. May I always be grateful and put you in your rightful position in my life. I love you. Amen.

Thank you all for being part of our life together.

And thank you, Honey, for asking me that question years ago that started our journey.
I love you.

7 comments:

Britani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britani said...

First I have to say I can't believe you remember all those details with 3 kids :) I can't remember last week... let alone 7 years ago (well I do remember your wedding, but that's about it!)
Second Congradulations!!

The Chad Beck's said...

*Sniff*
Have you seen the movie Marley & Me? That's what this reminded me of. What makes me teary is it all happened so fast already!!
Oh, I love you guys! So glad you guys found each other, you guys are perfect for each other!
You're a friend I've always had and always will.
luv ya. (;

Karina said...

Oh! What a sweet post!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

ps- you have a great memory!

Terah said...

Happy Anniversary!

Imagine That! said...

Wow!
I still feel bad that we made you move.
You have a wonderful, Godly family, it is so great to see how you honor the Lord through your lives.

Christine said...

Happy anniversary! I thought about you on the day but had I been asked, I would not have remembered that you have been married for seven years. The past six months of newly married life have gone so fast for us, but yet imagining what life will be in seven years seems so impossible! It's exciting and encouraging to see other couples today that I remember being at the point in life where we are now. :) Your post was fun to read!