Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Soccer

Rowan's first soccer game was sometime in May. It is the only game of his season that I photographed. But I'm so glad I did. Keep your eye on number 2 with the red socks. That's our boy and we're pretty proud of him.

 
Here's Coach Brady.
We love Coach Brady.
He did an excellent job with the kids & Rowan learned a lot. 
Adam's goal is to be taller than Brady someday.
Rowan says, "Ummmm, I think I'll just be taller than Daddy."
Those are my boys, the optimist & the realist.
 
Anyway, the team started with stretches.




You guys ready to practice?
 




This is the look I got when I cheered,
"Go Number 2!"







I have no idea what is going on in this picture. Rowan loves to be the class clown so I'm sure it had something to do with that.
 


 
 
If they had played with a goalie, Rowan would have been their guy.
He hovered near the opposing team's net during most of the games,
determined not to let them score.





Go Doritos!







 
Good job, guys.
 
 
It was a really fun season for all of us. Rowan is very disappointed that he can't play this fall but we promised his brother basketball and I don't think I can do both. Next year I might be able to do a little more but we have a full schedule already this year with the new co-op/curriculum, vacation, toddler, basketball, and normal everyday stuff.
 
I think the Doritos won two games the whole season. I didn't get to see Rowan score a goal until the very last game. It was so exciting! He had scored one the game before but I had missed that game.
 
It is so fun moving into the next phase of life with these kiddos. We are doing a juggling act now with having little ones & bigger ones but it is so amazing to be in this stage of life. Soon we will be out of the baby stage completely so I am trying to soak up every moment of that but still really enjoy where the older kids are at. It is a challenge at times but we wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

gramiwaggs said...

Don't worry Momma, Grami and Tessie saw the first goal and the big smack (that he swears he didn't do) he laid on Hunter (who was not pleased). Oh the things we do in the heat of the moment. LOL Don't worry Buddy we will never tell! Well, maybe at your graduation or wedding. hehehehe