Saturday, October 16, 2010

blah-ging

We are on about day 7 of some sort of horrible sickness. It started last weekend with Avril. I thought she was just teething, as I could see about five new ones trying to pop through, but was proved wrong after a couple of days. At the beginning of the week, the sniffles began. Then the fevers and sore throats. Then the coughing. Then more fevers. And aches. And chills. And headaches. And cold sweats. And neck pain. And dizziness. And then Thursday night Avril started feeling better but by then Jay and Adam had it pretty bad. Finally, yesterday Adam seemed much better. And Jay felt better too. And then we got up this morning and there was a light at the end of the tunnel. They all felt much better and Rowan and I haven't come down with it yet.

Then, the puking started. Poor Adam. He seems a little better at the moment but you never know.

Please send a prayer up for us. Jay and Adam are really worn down from this sickness. They are pale and have lost weight. And especially Adam is very discouraged. He told me this morning that he just can't wait to feel good again. I can't wait for him to feel good again either!

Avril is as happy as can be and Rowan too. (I think Rowan already had this while we were on vacation.) I feel like a caged animal. I made one short trip to Super 1 late at night early in the week, but have been stuck at home since then.

Please pray that Adam and Jay will recover soon and that God wil protect Rowan and I from this horrible bug.

Have fun tonight at the dinner and concert.

2 comments:

The Chad Beck's said...

=(
Poor them!
I started getting sick a couple of days ago, I'm pretty misrable today and haven't deciced if I should skip tonight as well...
So sorry you guys, I somewhat feel your pain!Pukes are the worst though.. do you think he has strep??
luvs&hugs.

Heidi said...

Jay doesn't think it's strep.

But that would make since that I didn't get it......(yet).

I'm so sorry you're sick too!

Everybody seems good today. Just coughs and sniffles left.