Friday, October 15, 2010

Baking

Well, this week I have been in a baking mood. There is just something about this time of year that inspires me to be more domestic. I just want to do all of the housewifely things that sometimes feel like drudgery. Part of it may be that we haven't done school because of sick kiddos, so I just have time to bake. But I think it's just the season.

So far this week I have made homemade crackers, doughnuts, and cookies. Today I am working on a loaf of homemade cinnamon bread. And I may throw some whole wheat ingredients into the bread maker.

And get this, I haven't eaten any of it!

Okay, okay. I sampled the doughnuts. And I snitched a couple little bites of cookie dough, but that's nothin! Normally I do that and then eat three or four when they're done. I'd say I'm definitely improving.

Anyway, Jay, Adam, and Avril have all been sick this week. Some kind of flu-type bug. So they haven't felt like eating. And Rowster has done his best, but most of the baked goods are going in the freezer. Which, in my mind, is wonderful. It makes it nice for when we have company or when we get too busy for me to bake. And if you knew my family, you would know that baking is a necessity. It is one of the essentials. Life without baked goods is no life at all.

That being said, I think I'll make fudge too. Never too early for the holiday goodies!
Not that I'll be eating it, of course.

At this rate, I may need another freezer!

No comments: