Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday

1) Life seems to be getting back to a somewhat normal pattern now that the holidays & birthdays are behind us. We have started school again & I find that I am craving simplicity, organization, & routine. It's something that's been seriously lacking the last 3 or 4 years around here.

2) I also find that in order to get to the simplicity part, I must first get the organization & routine part into action. So begins the great organization project of 2013. I have already started on my kitchen. I have pretty much moved & purged everything. However, it probably won't be complete until the end of the week or the middle of next. I have a few purchases to make and I have to wait for paychecks, bills to be paid, clothes to be bought, yada, yada, yada.
I am finding much of my inspiration via Pinterest. Among my favorites are www.abowlfulloflemons.net , good ole Martha, and this lady for the printable part of being organized. It's quite the project and my house looks worse than ever but it's a means to an end.

3) I have birthday posts of the boys just waiting to be completed and published. And Christmas cards to be mailed. I got sick right before Christmas and one or another of us has been coming down with it ever since! I think we are finally all well today!

4) Rhett is 8 months old today! I will be taking pictures of him and posting them as well. He has grown! There is so much he can do now.

5) Avril is way into helping with everything these days. I am trying to nurture it as much as possible. I haven't done well with the boys on that. And it's starting to show. A lot. Which brings me to number 6.

6) I bought this book. And I am really loving it. This is so happening at our house.

7) Our poor couches are coming to the end of their life. It's a little sad since we bought them right after returning from our honeymoon. They were one of the few things we bought brand new. They are still usable but looking pretty shabby. I predict we will be purchasing others within the year.

8) I climbed Mt. Everest! In my living room. I believe that this is the biggest pile of laundry I've ever had in my living room and I finally got it folded. Now I just have to put it away!

9) Womens Ministry meeting tonight. Woo-hoo! I think it's been about three months since I last went to one and I've been missing church due to illnesses so I've missed those church ladies. It's always refreshing and great fellowship. Plus it's nice to hear what's on the agenda for the year at our little church.

10)  Saturday is a youth fellowship concert at a church in town. It's a fundraiser for the basketball teams. And it's featuring the worship team from our church. That means Jay will be singing. I'm already thinking about copping out. I know I'm terrible but standing and singing for an hour is not entertaining to four young children and Jay won't be able to help me contain them. I don't know if any of you all know my kids very well, but my kids + boredom = very naughty, loud, & downright evil. And all of that + loud music + me = very crabby & unsociable.

No comments: