Monday, October 8, 2012

Boot Camp

This week is the week that I have determined to get my littlest munchkin sleeping through the night. So we are going through what my sister deems "boot camp".

I am convinced, after 4 children, that training a young one to sleep through the night requires at least a little crying. For mine, it seems to require a lot. At least for the first few days. And it ain't no fun neither. In fact, I think it's harder for me than for Rhett.

It took approximately 2 hours for him to fall asleep last night. But we were determined that he would do it on his own. And he did. But it hurt me. I guess its the 5,000 push ups phase of boot camp. We are breaking down the muscles so we can build them up stronger.

Not only are we training Rhett to go to sleep on his own but I am cutting all dairy from my diet. I know he is a little sensitive but I am curious to see if it is more than I initially thought. This may be part of the reason he wakes up in the night. Digestive issues.

I am also working on his day time schedule. Not letting him sleep more than so many hours at a time, making sure he gets up the same time each morning, getting into a good bedtime routine and so on. I know a lot of people scoff at scheduling an infant but I am not talking about starving the kid because it's 30 minutes from his feeding time. However, I have found that if you get them into a good routine they tend to naturally eat & sleep around the same times every day. Give or take a few minutes. And I have noticed that the same people who scoff are generally the same people who have three kids in their bed with them every night until they are 4 or 5. Nothing wrong with that if it's what you want. But I don't. And Jay won't. So scheduling it is!

So if you think of us this week, send up a little prayer because baby boot camp can be rough.

1 comment:

Britani said...

No fun :( I hate when Bentley is having sleep issues... It means mommy needs Pots of Coffee :(. Praying for you guys :)