Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rio Grande Zoo


One of the highlights of our trip was the zoo in Albequerque, New Mexico. I don't know why I love zoos so much. It doesn't really make since. When I was seven my mom nearly bled to death at the Portland zoo, in front of us! But that's another story for another day, and, none-the-less, I still love going to the zoo.

This time was especially fun because we got to go with Jay's brother and his family. Minus the screaming baby, we had a pretty good time. There weren't very many people and just the right amount of animals.

Flamingos:





I don't know why, but the flamingos were one of my favorite exhibits. It just seemed so peaceful there. It was the first thing through the gate. The shady trees, with sun filtering through. The sound of trickling water. The pretty colors.

Adam was counting them.



Gorillas:





They seemed sad to me.



????????


I don't remember what this was called but while it was hanging there, it peed. Gross!


Orangutan:



She had a baby! Even though they are so ugly, their babies are still cute.

Well, I have lots more but I need to call it quits for tonight.

Tomorrow will be the big cats. My favorites!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love the flamingos too! Ava has a puppet flamingo I keep forgetting to blog. : )

Good job on taking pics and keeping tabs on the kids! That is no small feet!